Friday, October 5, 2012

Storytime

The more I read about storytime and storytelling, the more interesting it is becoming to me.  I keep picturing myself doing that.  It seems fascinating.

I did not realize how much goes into storytime.  I thought you sit down and tell a story.  Who would have thought that something as simple as a nametag would help them feel part of the storytime.  You can substitute their names in for story names, or call on them by name to answer questions.

I especially like the idea of bringing in a real life example of an item based on the theme.

It's refreshing to know that it is not thought of as cheating or stealing if you use old files, or other people's ideas.  It's all about making a better storytime for the kids.

I still don't understand what a flannel board is.

No comments:

Post a Comment